Disabled Child Allowance



Any person that is certified to be suffering from some kind of physical and/or mental disability may be granted Disabled Child Allowance.  This Allowance is over and above the Children’s Allowance.


Has to satisfy the Citizenship and Residence criteria.  The head of household has to have the care and custody of the child concerned.  Child must be certified to be suffering from some kind of physical and/or mental disability by a Medical Panel.



An application must be submitted to the Department of Social Security signed by both parents where applicable and endorsed by a doctor to certify the child’s medical condition.  Where available supporting documents regarding the medical condition of child should be submitted with the application.  No documents in relation to income have to be sent.
The application must reach the Division within 6 months of birth of child or within 6 months from the Child's medical condition.

A medical panel examines the child and a decision is taken whether the child qualifies for the Disabled Child Allowance.  The medical panel may approve Disabled Child Allowance up to age 16 or 14 in the case of a visually impaired person,  or for a period of time, in which case a review will be effected after the lapse of the time indicated by the medical panel.

Documents Required

1.  Application filled and signed by both parents where applicable.
2.  Medical report section must be duly filled by doctor.

Back office process

Once an application is received, it is referred to a medical panel who decides if the child is eligible or not.  Once medical board certifies that child is eligible, the relative payment is issued.

Payment Dates

To check when is your next payment please click here.

How to apply?

You can apply online by visiting the Eforms page.

You can also call at any Social Security Office (view list here) and apply there.

Alternatively, you can download a copy of the form by visiting our Application Form page.