Foster Care Allowance


The Fostering Service helps to create opportunities for children to thrive and grow and to provide a quality and enlightened experience for children in foster care placements.  The primary goal is to have each child placed in a safe, nurturing family who will seek to address and fulfill the child’s needs.  Only if it is in the best interest of the child to return back to his/her natural family, the social worker of the Fostering Service helps in the reintegration.  This transition of the child from the foster family to his/her natural family is planned so as to terminate the relationship built between the child and the foster carers.


Any family, married couple, and single individuals (in particular cases only), irrespective of their age, class, race and religion, can become foster carers after undergoing training, followed by an assessment, and approval by the Fostering and Adoption Panel.


Any individual/family who is interested in becoming a foster carer is to contact the service during its opening hours.  An appointment with a social worker will be offered, during which the procedure and guidelines governing foster care will be explained.

Documents Required

  1. Application filled and signed by both parents where applicable.
  2. Application must be signed & stamped by Appogg.

Payment Dates

To check when is your next payment please visit this page by clicking here.


How to apply?

You can apply online by visiting the Eforms page.

You can also call at any Social Security Office (view list here) and apply there.

Alternatively, you can download a copy of the form by visiting our Application Form page.