Drug Addict Allowance - Frequently Asked Questions

1.  Who can apply for Drug Addict Allowance?
Persons undergoing a rehabilitation Programme from Sedqa or Caritas are entitled to the Drug Addict Allowance.  A letter from Sedqa or Caritas is requested to confirm the effective date of their rehabilitation Programme and Allowance will be effected from the following Saturday.
2. What happens if the person leaves when the Rehabilitation Programme is not completed?
If the person undergoing the Rehabilitaion Programme leaves, and the programme is not completed, the Department of Social Security is to be informed immediately, and the benefit is suspended.