Social Assistance for Single Parents


A single unmarried parent, who is not engaged in a gainful occupation and not eligible for registration under the Jobsplus ACT.


The pers​on applying is to fulfil the conditions mentioned above and also satisfy the criteria of the means and capital resources tests. 


In order to apply for the Social Assistance for Single Unmarried Parents, the person must fill in the application form, which can be obtained from your local Social Security District Office. Once completed, the form must be returned to the same office.

Back office process

Once a claim is received, it is verified and income tests are carried out to establish whether the applicant is entitled to benefit or not. Where payment is due, the claim is referred for payment and the claimant is informed of the details of payment. When the claim is rejected, the claimant is informed accordingly in writing.

Payment Dates

To check when is your next payment please visit this page by clicking here.

How to apply?

You can apply online by visiting the Eforms page.

You can also call at any Social Security Office (view list here) and apply there.

Alternatively, you can download a copy of the form by visiting our Application Form page.