Social Assistance


Head of Households, who are incapable of work due to medical reasons, or are unemployed and seeking employment, given that they fulfil the means and capital resources tests.


Payable to head of households who are unemployed and seeking employment or who due to a medical reason are unable to work and/or seek employment, and where the relative financial means falls below that established by the Social Security.


Those wishing to apply for the Social Assistance may do so by filling in the prescribed application form, which can be obtained from any local Social Security District Office. Once filled in, such application is to be returned to the same office.

Documents Required

Detailed filled application (signed & dated). Form PA 101.
If renting, a rent receipt showing all landlord's details is required.
Any recent bank statements if the applicant has any bank accounts in his / her name.
If separated, a finalised contract of separation signed by both parties is to be submitted.
In case, where the head of household is medical unfit, he / she has to produce a PA 132 filled by his / her family doctor (the PA 132 can be obtained from your nearest District Office).

Back office process

Once a claim is received, it is verified and income tests are carried out to establish whether the applicant is entitled to benefit or not. Where payment is due, the claim is referred for payment and the claimant is informed of the details of payment. When the claim is rejected, the claimant is informed accordingly in writing.

Payment Dates

To check when is your next payment please visit this page by clicking here.

How to apply?

You can apply online by visiting the Eforms page.

You can also call at any Social Security Office (view list here) and apply there.

Alternatively, you can download a copy of the form by visiting our Application Form page.