Unemployment Assistance


Heads of household, who are registering under Part 1 of the Unemployment Register and are thus, actively seeking employment, may be entitled to Unemployment Assistance.


The claimant must be registering for work under the Part 1 register, and must satisfy the means and the capital resources test.


In order to apply for Unemployment Assistance, the person must fill in the application form, which can be obtained from any local Social Security District Office.  Once completed, the form must be returned to the same office.

Documents Required

If separated, contract of separation

Back office process

Once a claim is received, it is verified and income tests are carried out to establish whether the applicant is entitled to benefit or not.  Where payment is due, the claim is referred for payment and the claimant is informed of the details of payment.  When the claim is rejected, the claimant is informed accordingly in writing.

Payment Dates

To check when is your next payment please visit this page by clicking here.

How to apply?

You can apply online by visiting the Eforms page.

You can also call at any Social Security Office (view list here) and apply there.

Alternatively, you can download a copy of the form by visiting our Application Form page.