Retirement Pension – Tentative Assessment
A person may request a Contributory Pension Tentative Assessment to find out what the pension income is on retirement.
What you’ll get
A tentative assessment will present the applicant with:
- A clear picture of what the social security pension would be
- An opportunity to pay missing contributions in case of gaps in Social Security Contributions along the years
- Different pension rates at different pension ages
- Whether one would be eligible for a pension and more
General eligibility criteria:
- An applicant prior to reaching the pension age (from 57 years onwards)
- An applicant who was employed and paid social security contributions prior to pension age
- No particular documentation is requested as the tentative is calculated on the information currently pertained by the department
- If the claimant was employed outside Malta, proof of contributions paid abroad would be required
How to apply
Fill in and submit the application online.