Report a Payment not Received
A beneficiary can submit a report that a Social Security Benefit Payment has not been received or credited, else request information according to the payment status linked to the different payment method types – Cheque, Direct Credit and Energy Credit.
What you’ll get
- Submit an online Report for a Social Security Benefit Payment made by cheque not Received:
- The user can select a Cheque payment with current status set as Issued or Paid from at least one (1) day past the payment date.
- Upon selecting ‘Not Received?’ the user will be prompted to insert the email address.
- Once clicking on ‘Submit Report’ the user triggers the stop payment process.
- A notification by email will be sent to user informing that the report has been placed at the Department of Social Security.
The beneficiary or agent / administrator may opt to fill a declaration at the respective servizz.gov centre stating that the cheque is lost, thorn or it cannot be encashed.
- A stop payment report is automatically submitted by the servizz.gov agent online to initiate the process.
- The Department of Social Security checks with the Central Bank of Malta the status of the cheque.
- In case of a lost cheque, if it is found to have been encashed, the stop payment report is sent back to the servizz.gov centre and claimant is informed accordingly. If the beneficiary or agent / administrator believes that the cheque was not encashed by his/her ownself then one needs to visit a servizz.gov centre to confirm the signature on the cheque image. If the the signature on the cheque image does not belong to the beneficary or entrusted person (agent / administrator), the servizz.gov agent files an online report for a cheque cashed by third parties to start an investigation.
- If cheque is found to be uncashed, a replacement cheque is issued and sent to claimant.
This procedure normally takes from ten (10) to fifteen (15) days to be finalised, unless an investigation is requested. If the lost cheque is found by claimant prior to replacement, the claimant is to inform the servizz.gov immediately.
- Submit an online Report for a Social Security Benefit Direct Credit Payment or Energy Benefit Credit not credited:
- The user can select any transaction payment from the list of payments.
- The respective payment details will be displayed.
- Upon selecting ‘Not Received?’ the user will be prompted with further information on the transaction. The user can opt to request more information by entering the email address and press the ‘Request for Information’ button.
- A notification by email will be sent to user informing that the request has been placed at the Department of Social Security.
The claimant / administrator / agent can opt to fill a declaration at the respective servizz.gov centre stating that the Direct Credit for a Social Security Benefit or Energy Credit Benefit Payment was not received.
- If there was an issue with the IBAN number of the claimant, a replacement by cheque is issued and sent to claimant. Once issue is resolved, claimant may re-apply for direct credit.
- If it is found that the claimant is no longer entitled for the benefit/pension, the claimant is informed.
- In the case of Energy Credit Benefit, the department checks whether the claimant is still entitled and claimant is informed accordingly.
General eligibility criteria:
- A person in receipt of any benefit, allowance or pension.
- An e-ID account issued by Identity Malta to submit a report online.
How to apply