An Orphan’s Allowance may be awarded to a person who is entrusted with the care of a child, if both parents of the child are deceased.
For information regarding cross-border situations please click here.
What you’ll get
Payment of an Orphan’s Allowance is issued every 4 weeks in advance.
This allowance is paid until the child reaches 16 years of age.
Please click here for a Schedule of Benefits Rates.
General eligibility criteria:
- A person who is entrusted with the care of a child, if both parents of the child are deceased
- One of the parents was registered under the Social Security Act (Cap. 318.)
- One of the parents was a citizen of Malta at the time of his death
- Declaration signed by Applicant and also, if applicable, by spouse/partner. Click here to download the declaration
- Court decree in respect of child custody
How to apply
Fill in and submit the application online.