An Orphan’s Allowance may be awarded to a person who is entrusted with the care of a child, if both parents of the child are deceased.
For information regarding cross-border situations please click here.
What you’ll get
Payment of an Orphan’s Allowance is issued every four (4) weeks in advance.
This allowance is paid until the child reaches sixteen (16) years of age.
Please click here for a Schedule of Benefits Rates.
General eligibility criteria:
- A person who is entrusted with the care of a child, if both parents of the child are deceased.
- One of the parents was registered under the Social Security Act (Cap. 318.).
- One of the parents was a citizen of Malta at the time of his death.
- Declaration signed by Applicant and also, if applicable, by spouse/partner. Click here to download the declaration.
- Court decree in respect of child custody.
How to apply
Fill in and submit the application online.