Orphan’s Supplementary Allowance
An Orphan’s Allowance may be awarded to a person who is entrusted with the care of a youngster, if both parents of the youngster are deceased.
What you’ll get
Payment for the Orphan’s Supplementary Allowance is issued every 4 weeks in advance.
This allowance is paid for the period when the youngster is between 16 and 21 years of age.
Please click here for a Schedule of Benefits Rates.
General eligibility criteria:
- A person who is entrusted with the care of a youngster, if both parents of the youngster are deceased
- One of the parents was registered under the Social Security Act (Cap. 318.)
- One of the parents was a citizen of Malta at the time of his death
- Declaration signed by Applicant and also, if applicable, by spouse/partner. Click here to download the declaration
- Court decree in respect of child custody
How to apply
Fill in and submit the application online.