Site Logo
Site Logo
  • MT
  • EN


Subscribe to stay informed about the latest Social Policy news.

Supplementary Allowance – Not Responsible for Household


A Supplementary Allowance may be awarded to an employed, single person with low income, is currently not in receipt of a Children’s Allowance and also not responsible for the family that he/she lives with.  This allowance is intended to help a person bridge his/her income requirements.

What you’ll get

The payments for this allowance are issued every thirteen (13) weeks in advance.

Please click here for a Schedule of Benefits Rates.


  • A single person who is not responsible for the family that he/she lives with head of household, is living with his/her  parents, whilst being in gainful employment.
  • The total reckonable income shall not exceed eleven-thousand and six-hundred and fifty-one euro (€11,651).
  • The  income ceiling is based on income and emoluments of relevant year (backdated by two (2) years from the date of entitlement); Foreign Pension Income for Year of Assessment of the previous year of application and Local Pension Income for Current Year of application.

Documentation required

General documentation:

  • If applicant is employed, the FS3 of the relevant year for each employment, being full-time and/or part-time, duly signed by the employer/s.
  • If applicant is a self-employed, a ‘Profit and Loss Account’, including receipts of social security contributions paid, for the relevant year.
  • In the case of directors / company’s majority shareholders, the ‘Final Audited Accounts’, including receipts of national insurance contributions paid of the relevant year.
  • Copy of separation document in the case of a separated applicant.
  • Copy of passport, if applicant resided abroad for a period of more than three (3) months.
  • Document of proof if applicant is on unpaid leave.

              How to apply

              Fill in and submit the application online.