Supplementary Allowance – Not Responsible for Household
A Supplementary Allowance may be awarded to an employed, single person with low income, is currently not in receipt of a Children’s Allowance and also not responsible for the family that he/she lives with. This allowance is intended to help a person bridge his/her income requirements.
What you’ll get
The payments for this allowance are issued every thirteen (13) weeks in advance.
Please click here for a Schedule of Benefits Rates.
- A single person who is not responsible for the family that he/she lives witha head of household, is living with his/her parents, whilst being in gainful employment.
- The total reckonable income shall not exceed ten-thousand and eight-hundred and seventy-one euro (€10,871).
- The income ceiling is based on income and emoluments of relevant year (backdated by two (2) years from the date of entitlement); Foreign Pension Income for Year of Assessment of the previous year of application and Local Pension Income for Current Year of application.
- If applicant is employed, the FS3 of the relevant year for each employment, being full-time and/or part-time, duly signed by the employer/s.
- If applicant is a self-employed, a ‘Profit and Loss Account’, including receipts of social security contributions paid, for the relevant year.
- In the case of directors / company’s majority shareholders, the ‘Final Audited Accounts’, including receipts of national insurance contributions paid of the relevant year.
- Copy of separation document in the case of a separated applicant.
- Copy of passport, if applicant resided abroad for a period of more than three (3) months.
- Document of proof if applicant is on unpaid leave.
How to apply
Fill in and submit the application online.