Through this service you can update your contact details as held by the Department of Social Security, namely the postal address, email address, land-line number, mobile phone number and SMS payment notification as required. The latter option is only enabled for beneficiaries who are receiving payments by bank deposits. In order to do the update, you must first change your Identity Card details with Identity Malta.
A postal address in Malta and Gozo consists consists of the house number or block number, any additions to the house number and apartment number, street name, town or village and post code. In order to update the postal address, you must first change your Identity Card details with Identity Malta. As part of the address updating process, entering the postcode is required.
From this service you cannot change from a Maltese address to a foreign address or vice versa, or from an already set foreign address to a different country address. To request this change, please click here. In such cases, the change will not be immediate because it must first be vetted.
You can add or update your landline phone number, mobile phone number, or both in the contact number details to be stored by the Department of Social Security. Foreign registered numbers are not permitted. Your email address stored by the Department of Social Security can also be added or modified.
What you’ll get
- Update your postal address held by the Department of Social Security to the details shown on your current Maltese Identity Card.
- The facility to update your contact details and this change will be instant.
- The facility to receive an SMS payment notification when your benefit is deposited in your account. The SMS payment notification option is only available to beneficiaries who receive payments via bank deposits.
General eligibility criteria:
- You are only permitted to update your postal address to the details shown on your current Identity Card.
To use this service, you will need:
- An e-ID account issued by Identity Malta.
How to access the service
The user must authenticate to access the Contact Details service.