Voluntary Payment of Class 2 Social Security Contributions
The Voluntary Payment of Class 2 Social Security Contributions is paid to avoid having gaps in the record of social security contributions.
What you’ll get
Through such social security contributions payment, a person enhances his/her record of social security contributions and therefore his/her eligibility to a Social Security Contributory Pension.
General eligibility criteria:
- Applicants whose income was/is from either rents, interest or dividends during the insurability period/s intended to be covered with the application.
- Applicants are partaking in an Early/Voluntary retirement scheme (ERS/VRS), as approved by the Government of Malta.
- Applicants were paying Class 2 social security contributions up to 5th January, 2004.
- Applicants are single persons not deriving earnings from a gainful occupation.
- In case an applicant partook in an ERS/VRS Scheme, a copy of the ERS/VRS Agreement is to be attached with the application.
How to apply
Fill in and submit the application online.